Monday, August 13, 2012

Overnight Oats With Strawberry And Banana

Overnight Oats With Yogurt And Fruit

The overnight oats is an easy, delicious and super healthy breakfast. I have recently discovered Chia seeds which are high in Omega-3 Fatty Acids and fiber. They are easily digestible and a wonderful addition to yogurt, smoothies and cerial. So when I came across this breakfast which called for Chia seeds, I just had to try it.

The outcome of the original recipe was a very thick oatmeal which I thought was a bit much, so I cut back on the amount of oats to get a thinner result. So if you like it real thick, add 1/2 cup of oats instead of only 1/4 cup. Also it may be a bit foreign for some to eat cold oatmeal but its not that far of a stretch for me. Growing up we would sometimes have oats with a little sugar and milk for breakfast, served cold just like that, and then other time we would have it as a warm oatmeal. So to me this is quite delicious.

Ingredients:

1/4 cup old fashioned Oats

1/2 cup greek yogurt

1/2 cup milk

1 tablespoon Chia seeds

2 tablespoon honey

1/4 cup raspberries or strawberries, chopped, frozen or fresh

1/2 banana, sliced

Directions: Add to a glass jar the oats, yogurt and milk. Then add Chia seeds and honey, stir to combine. Add chopped strawberries or raspberries and sliced banana, stir gently and seal with lid. Place in refrigerator overnight and enjoy in the morning.

Source: adapted from Sweet Remedy


Overnight Oats Peanut Butter Runner Fresh fruit (peaches, strawberries, blueberries, etc this can also be ... So when you make banana overnight oats do you soak oats, milk, yogurt, seeds, and a ... Strawberry Banana Overnight Oats bananaoats Good morning. Last night I made breakfast. Strawberry-Banana Overnight Oats 1/2 cup whole oats 1/2 cup milk 1 tablespoon Chia seeds 1 container Strawberry-Banana ... Strawberry Banana Overnight Oats Avocado Run Hola mi amigos! This morning I slept in till 6 and I feel great! My alarm went off at 4:55 but I turned the damn thing off and opted for more zzzzzz ... Strawberry Banana Overnight Oats Recipe - Free Diet Plans at ... Overnight oats, with the great taste of strawberry banana. A quick, easy breakfast for the person on the go. Strawberry Banana Split Overnight Oats VEGeneration The food journal of a 19-year-old college student, vegetarian dabbling in veganism, and oatmeal and hummus lover. Strawberry Banana Soft Serve, Vegan Overnight Oats Parfait ... Good morning! My alarm went off at five this morning and all I wanted to do was crawl back under the covers and go back to sleep. However, I knew it was ... Strawberry, banana and honey overnight steel cut oats Overnight oatmeal makes breakfast super fast and easy. That type of breakfast is a necessity with a newborn. The first couple weeks of maternity leave I either ... Overnight Oats Kath Eats Real Food I made the strawberry banana overnight oats. It was soooo good! I loved the fluffy and creamy texture! Its a great and refreshing breakfast to have, especially since its ... Vegan Overnight Oat Parfaits- 12 Recipes To Kick Off The Season ... Strawberry Banana Softserve and carob Vegan Overnight Oats. Homemade Strawberry Jam Carob Vegan Overnight Oats. Blueberry Vanilla Banana Soft Serve Vegan Overnight Oats Strawberry Banana Overnight Oats! The Proactive Teen Strawberry Banana Overnight Oats! If that title doesnt get ya droolin, your loss. Now, Ive heard from several people that the key ingredient to a ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...